Monday, 15 September 2014

Deciding on a genre

After watching many opening sequences and looking at the results of my audience research I decided that Horror would be the best genre to choose. Personally I feel the Horror genre is more budget friendly compared to other genres. This is because a lot of them rely on special effects and CGI I unfortunately do not have access to this software, so it would make more sense to make something that suits my audience and most importantly is able to be produced by myself.

As well as funding and the choice of locations I have it would be far more suitable to do Horror as I have access to woody green spaces, locations often featured in horror films. However, I'm not limiting myself as there are a number of different sub genres that fall under the Horror genre such as thriller.




I put together a Prezi where I explore the Horror genre further through looking into why people watch Horror. Whether societal class plays a impact on whether a certain type of audience will watch Horror. The impact a BBFC rating has on deciding who your target audience will be.




No comments:

Post a Comment