Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Equipment and Technology

Equipment and Technology


Gmail and Google Drive:
The very first piece of technology I had to use was g mail as blogger needs you to have a g mail account and I didn't have so that was fairly easy to set up. Gmail also enabled me to have Google Drive which will allow me to store my future opening sequence clips. A USB would not hold the files due to their large size.



Blogger:
Secondly, I had to learn how set up a blog I had no previous experience of this although Google’s blogger layout made it extremely easy to use and I could start posting as soon as I had thought of a web address which hadn't been taken. I could easily adjust the themes and layout with bloggers various option change the font and text size while I was typing a new blog post it reminded me much of Microsoft Word format which I used many times before. As well as their useful tagging system which enabled me to sort my posts into Evaluation, Final Task, Preliminary Task, Research & Planning, Target Audience and Technology/Equipment.


Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black:
Using the flip Camera also was one of my first experiences with using it. very easy to use once I had turned it on it was already focused and had clearly labelled buttons which I could use to zoom in and out; all I had to press to stop and start recording was the big red button which was quick and simple. And transferring my clips which I had filmed was even easy at it came with a built in USB which extended from the camera this allowed for easy drag drop access to put into my AS Media folder on my desktop.
  • Shoot up to 2 hours of better-than-ever HD video on the easy-to-use, now even slimmer UltraHD
  • Press the big red button to start capturing vibrant HD video (720p / 60fps) on the super-simple user interface
  • Keep your video steady with image stabilization, UltraHD's newest feature
  • Connect the built-in USB arm to your PC or Mac to launch pre-loaded FlipShare software
  • Organize, create and share your videos with FlipShare software. Note: Should be charged while connected to a computer.


Tripod:
One of the few issues I did encounter was with the tripod as I found it difficult at times to secure it and it moved quite rigidly and wasn't smooth how I wanted my landscape shot to be. This resulted in me having to 'play around' with various techniques and tricks which allowed for easier and smoother handling. The tripod is useful because it allows for me to have far more steady shots much like a professional film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment